[Python-Dev] Reindenting unicodedata.c

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
11 Nov 2002 13:31:22 +0100

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> >>Why does MAL prefer 4 spaces?
>
> I'm not really sure why, but one apparent reason is that Python
> uses the same indent.

It doesn't. Python uses tabs for indentation in its C source code, see
PEP 7.

> Just like Fredrik, I prefer 4 spaces indents over TABs and since
> the RE and Unicode code base used these 4 spaces indents all along,
> I'd also prefer to keep it that way.

I don't, since it makes editing these files more difficult for me, so
I will just change the file, and be done with it. Over time, I expect
that the unicodeobject.c will see a similar change - but not until a
major change is done to that file simultaneously.

I consider sre to be different in this respect, as the "master source"
is not the Python CVS, so making an exception seems appropriate.

Regards,
Martin