[Python-Dev] Becoming a python contributor

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
03 Nov 2002 09:14:36 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:

> I think that part of the problem is that large areas *are* de-facto
> controlled by one person (or, at best, a few people). If the word
> "Unicode" shows up I expectantly start looking in your or MAL's
> direction. Likewise, if "Macintosh" appears everyone starts staring at
> me.

And there is nothing wrong with that. However, I would not want to
formalize this any more: in principle, it should be possible for
anybody to who as an OS X box to step in and validate a certain OS X
patch. Given the various compile farms, really anybody could help.

Of course, the regular contributors may not have the time to obtain
the expert knowledge just to validate a single patch. However, I would
sure hope that new contributors become experts on areas on which we
already have one.

Regards,
Martin