[Python-Dev] Getting python-bz2 into 2.3

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:15:12 -0300

> > > and if there's a decent bz2 library,
>
> > About being decent, I'd be suspect to evaluate my own code.
>
> I think Guido was talking about libbz2, not your bz2.c.

Oh.. I see. Perhaps he wasn't aware that unlike gzip/zlib scheme,
bzip2 is based on its own library?

> I think you should create a patch (complete with test suite,
> documentation, and everything :-).

:-)

It already has a test suite, and complete inline documentation. I'll
reuse the inline docs to create "external" documentation.

> If you can, you should also include Windows build instructions (what
> to download and how to unpack) - perhaps even with a MSVC project
> file.

Unfortunately I can't provide that part. :-( I'm away from the Windows
world for many years now, and have no access to a machine were I
could create those files. I'll promptly help anyone to solve any
issues in that area though.

In the URL below one may find information about bzip2, including
binaries for many platforms:

http://sources.redhat.com/bzip2/

Thank you!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]