[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 21:25:29 -0300

> > Andrew usually puts more focus on new features than changes
> > which could cause older applications to fail -- which is what
> > you'd expect in a document titled "What's new in ..." :-)

I have fixed minor incompatibilities many times. Adrew's work was
always my reference for that changes. Eventualy some changes weren't
there, and it was always a pleasure to mention them to Andrew.

> OK.  The question is, who's going to write the migration guide?  One
> problem is that often specific migration issues don't surface until
> after the release is made.

I'd rather help Andrew appending additive porting information in his
already excellent work. I'm sure he will appreciate any construtive
comments about the paper.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]