[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib types.py,1.26,1.27

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 20:41:23 -0400

[Skip]
> Attached is the start of a PEP (regarding which I welcome all inputs,
> even cranky ones by people suffering without air conditioning).

That's the spirit!  A correction:

        Symbol in types module                 Symbol in builtins
        ComplexType                            complex
        DictType, DictionaryType               dictionary

The last is actually "dict", not "dictionary".

I gotta say I don't see much point to deperecating types.py.  Doing so will
just annoy people, and fail to improve my life <wink>.  I see even less
point to extending it with additional TMTOWTDI, though.