[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib types.py,1.26,1.27

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
23 May 2002 08:31:49 +0200

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> I actually don't really care.  The only reason I even noticed its absence
> was that I went to patch xmlrpclib to use Python booleans instead of /F's
> Boolean class (when available).  I think consistency counts for something
> here.  I know xmlrpclib is one of that small number of modules that is
> actively maintained for older versions of Python.  It makes sense to me to
> make as few changes to xmlrpclib to make that happen.  If adding BooleanType
> to the types module helps, I think it's a good thing.

Since that needs to be conditional (with catching ImportError and
all), I think you can achieve internal consistency and minimal changes
with introducing a name BooleanType into xmlrpclib.

BTW, why is it "BooleanType" and not "BoolType"? It's also IntType and
not IntegerType.

Regards,
Martin