[Python-Dev] New bugtracker project

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 17:06:51 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Gordon McMillan wrote:

> On 22 May 2002 at 10:14, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> > 2) Not having this lunatic distinction between
> > patches and bugs ...
>
> They seem distinct to me, but maybe I'm
> a bit old-fashioned :-). What artificial
> distinction do you find irksome?

Well, I think it's the way bugs sometimes have patches attached to them,
or sometimes a patch gets put in the patch tracker and a link to it posted
in the bug tracker.

I guess there is a distinction, but it's too high up on sf.  You can't get
a list of all issues assigned to one developer, for instance, or the fact
that the "groups" field for the various trackers has diverged over much.
I really could have done with a "2.2.1 issues" view -- instead I had to
ping back and forth between bugs and patches.  Etc.

Does that explain my grievance?  I can try harder if you want.

Cheers,
M.