[Python-Dev] New bugtracker project

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:31:30 -0400

[David]
> For one thing, it was basically impossible for people with only a
> peripheral view of the database (managers, QA folks) to get accurate
> pictures of the database.  Nothing that can't be fixed if one has a
> real DB backend.

Speaking of which, how real is RoundUp's DB backend?  Does it use
MySQL?  *Could* it use MySQL?  *Should* it use MySQL?  When this idea
first came up, Andy Robinson asserted that it should, basically for
the reason that David states above; I'm neutral but I certainly see
the advantage of being able to run SQL(-ish) queries against the
database (this helps for the SF tracker too).