[Python-Dev] New bugtracker project

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
22 May 2002 10:14:35 +0100

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> I believe that one of the areas where we could use help is a bug
> tracker.

If I may so bold, I suggest the distutils could use some (paid) tender
loving care, too...

[...]

> The point of this message is to start gathering requirements.  Gordon
> will gather requirements, and has asked me to send out this email to
> announce the project to the Python developer community.

1) An email interface (OK, so this has been said, and already exists,
   but...)

2) Not having this lunatic distinction between patches and bugs or
   restrictions on who can add files to issues, and let people delete
   at least their own attachments.

Cheers,
M.

--