[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 patch cut-off date

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 08:38:07 -0400

Martin,

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 03:50:33PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> writes:
>
> > I would rather have clearly stated deadlines that are subject to change
> > (i.e., slippage).  In this way, volunteers can better plan their time.
> > Can I play with my daughter now or should I submit a patch?  Can I go
> > to sleep now or should I submit a patch?  Etc.
>
> In any schedule, there likely would be a month between a1 and a2, so
> the release of Python 2.3a1 would simultaneously be a last call for
> great new features. Between a1 and c1, there would be four months,
> giving plenty of time (IMO) for bug fixes.

If I interpret the above correctly, then for my typical patches it seems
like I would have to at least b1 (and possibly c1) to submit them for
consideration.  Is my interpretation correct?

Thanks,
Jason