[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 patch cut-off date

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 09 May 2002 08:43:49 -0400

> > The schedule is slipping; we're likely to switch to a more
> > goal-oriented (as opposed to deadline-oriented) approach.
>
> OK, but that makes planning by patch submitters more challenging.

That's life.  We're all doing this part-time: even PythonLabs has to
do customer work to keep Zope Corp pushing forward.  I realize that
it's helpful for some developers to have a hard deadline, and as we
get closer to folfilling our goals we should set ourselves some, but
I'd rather slip a schedule than release shoddy work.