[Python-Dev] Mandrake 8.2 anyone?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:24:42 -0500

Has anybody else run the test suite for Py2.3cvs under Mandrake 8.2?
I'm seeing some very weird problems, but my komputer karma is running
a bit sour today, so I wanted some confirmation.  Maybe I should move
to Montana soon.

Specifically, the first time I ran it earlier today (fresh cvs update,
make distclean, configure, make test), the test suite hung in
test_linuxaudiodev.  Running that test manually also produced a hang.
These weren't killable, even with kill -9, C-\, or C-z, and couldn't
be gdb attached to.

So I rebooted and tried again.  This time the tests don't hang but
they do fail:

test test_linuxaudiodev crashed -- linuxaudiodev.error: (0, 'Error')

Hmm.

gonna-be-a-mental-toss-flycoon-ly y'rs,
-Barry