[Python-Dev] Developer's guide Web pages

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:45:47 -0500

> The python-dev HOWTO has now been cut up and rearranged into a set of
> Web pages at http://www.python.org/dev/ .

Thanks, Andrew!

> Please suggest additional things that should be explained in these
> pages, or that should be linked to.  Comments on the accuracy of the
> "Python Culture" page are also welcome; it might be missing some
> important points, or it might describe my idealization of how we try
> to behave. :)
>
> And if anyone has suggestions on how make the pages more likely to
> attract new developers to Python, I'm all ears!

Well, linking to it from the developer info on the home page would
help...

I wonder if the *only* developer link on the home page should go to
/dev/.  That means that all the info currently at the bottom of the
home page (under the heading "For developers") should be folded into
the /dev/ index page.  The "Python at SF" link in the left sidebar
should probably point to the /dev/ section.

I also wonder of we can replace one of the 8 items in the page-top
menu with a developers link?  But which one?