[Python-Dev] 2.2.1 release schedule

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
14 Mar 2002 17:40:22 +0000

I'd like to put out 2.2.1 release candidate 1 early next week
(i.e. Monday, if possible), with the intent of releasing 2.2.1 a week
later.

I'm planning to spend a fair part of this weekend doing fun things
like trolling through CVS logs and bug reports making sure that
nothing too major has been missed.

About PEP 102:

what NEWS items should I be looking to include?  What more than:

What's new in Python 2.2.1?
Release date: 18-Mar-2002
===========================

    Bug fixes.

?  Or do important bugfixes get a mention of their own?  I guess if
I'm going through logs *anyway* this won't be too hard.

Either I need an account on creosote.python.org or I need the help of
someone who does[1], and I need a fair splodge of Tim's and Fred's
time.  I hope this is possible.

If you're feeling charitable, here are some things in increasing order
of tediousness that you can do to help:

  Supplying fixes for any of the bugs in the "Python 2.2.1 candidate"
  group on sf (or removing them from the group if they don't belong
  there).

  Reading through the open bugs on sf and putting those that deserve
  to be there in the 2.2.1 group.

  Reading through the CVS logs to check I didn't miss any checkins
  that should be ported.

Cheers,
M.

[1] I'm not exactly mad-keen to follow all of the steps in PEP 102
    myself...

--
  I have long since given up dealing with people who hold idiotic
  opinions as if they had arrived at them through thinking about