[Python-Dev] PEP 263 considered faulty (for some Japanese)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen@xemacs.org
14 Mar 2002 11:11:37 +0900

    Martin> Auto-detection is useful for displaying content to
    Martin> users. It is evil for a programming language.

Thus speaks someone who advocates relying on user-maintained coding
cookies.<wink>

Look, I'll do my best to support PEP 263 for python-mode and make it
automatic and fairly reliable---but mandating use of X?Emacs would be
even less palatable than mandating UTF-8.

I appreciate your efforts in marketing XEmacs.  :-)