[Python-Dev] Two developer candidates

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:44:52 -0500

[Skip Montanaro]
> I was thinking more along the lines of someone seeing a bug and
> thinking, "this is really John Doe's specialty - i'll assign it to
> him", and then having the bug languish for ages.

Well, on that basis nobody would have commit privs.  That is, I've pretty
much given up on assigning bugs to anyone, because they languish anyway, and
better to have them unassigned than to make it look like someone specific is
actually going to do something about them.  Alas, for the most part,
developers don't unassign themselves either.