[Python-Dev] For review: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Samuele Pedroni pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:45:57 +0100

> > Damn, you're right.  I'll patch doctest to special-case the snot out of
> > those specific strings <wink>.  In the meantime,
> >
> > def ibool(e):
> >     return e and 1 or 0
> >     # or "return operator.truth(e)"
> >
> > will work across all Pythons forever, or back to 1.4 if you use
> > operator.truth to avoid offending yourself <wink>.

Btw given that probably operator.truth() will
become a synonym of bool() the "# or" comment
does not apply.

Tim, should we start to be worried about the problems you have
to get those things right or are you just in very-low-concetration mode?

regards, Samuele Pedroni.