[Python-Dev] For review: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:45:09 -0500

[Skip Montanaro]
> I'm kinda curious.  I understand all the arguments, but they've
> been around for a long time.  It's not like any of the reasons for
> having a boolean are new.  What straw broke your pet camel's back and
> made you sit down and say to yourself, "We need a boolean type in
> Python.  I think I'll write a PEP today instead of going to Starbucks
> for a latte."?

It's obvious to me.  I sent a "PEP Parade" message last night, stating in
part that Guido wanted to keep new features out of the core for 2.3.  Guido
simply couldn't let a chance to prove me wrong slip by; indeed, that was my
intent in making the claim to begin with <wink>.