[Python-Dev] Please Vote -- Generator Comprehensions

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:38:29 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> Before I send generator comprehension portion to Guido for pronouncement,
> I would like to get all of your votes +1 or -1 on just the part about
> Generator Comprehensions.

I am very happy with the things you have proposed in this PEP.  I feel
quite positive about generator comprehensions and have no reservations.
So a +1 on that.

I also think there is a lot of power to be gained from generator
argument passing; i agree that the exception issue needs to be resolved
and you have suggested a fine solution; and the extra built-ins
(really 'indexed' in particular) i have wanted for a long time.

I have less of an opinion on restartability since i have not yet had
to really run into that issue.  It seems reasonable that it might be
good idea, though perhaps YAGNI will apply here until i experience
the need for it first-hand.

-- ?!ng