[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 21:24:16 -0500

> I wasn't thinking about it quite like that.  I was thinking more
> along the lines of a subset of people would volunteer to do the
> triage, passing it off between themselves at the rotation
> boundaries.  That's more-or-less how Cameron Laird does it for the
> weekly Python URL stuff.

Maybe you'd like to help organize this?

> I suggest you post an announcement to c.l.py.  I don't know where
> best to have them reply.  Sending mail to guido@python.org would
> clearly not be the right place.  Python-dev wouldn't normally be the
> right place for this either, but that's where all the people
> qualified to do the reference checks hang out.

I'd like to delegate this.  Maybe you can send out an announcement and
read through the applications, forwarding only the ones that look good
to me.  You may have to think a bit about what to write in the
announcement, but please do it without asking me -- I need to delegate
more!

>     Guido> I'll do anything I can to get more people to volunteer.
>
> Do you think if the PSF sold a Guido swimsuit calendar it would help?  ;-)

I've seen myself in a bathing suit, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't
help...

But if you were to convince me that it really *would* help, I wouldn't
have any problem with it. :-)