[Python-Dev] Re: *Simpler* string substitutions

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:12:10 +0200

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     PM> 4. Access to variables is also problematic. Without
>     PM> compile-time support, access to nested scopes is impossible
>     PM> (AIUI).
>
> Is this really true?  I think it was two IPC's ago that Jeremy and I
> discussed the possibility of adding a method to frame objects that
> would basically yield you the equivalent of globals+freevars+locals.

Explicit ways to get a the actual name-obj bindings for any particular
code block are much appreciated. What's currently the best way to
access lexically scoped names from inside a code block?

    holger