[Python-Dev] Priority queue (binary heap) python code

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:06:29 -0400

On 26 Jun 2002 at 19:20, David Abrahams wrote:

[Python's hashing]

> Noticing that also left me with a question: how
> come everybody in the world hasn't stolen as much as
> possible from the Python hashing implementation?
> Are there a billion such 10-years'-tweaked
> implementations lying around which all perform
> comparably well?

Jean-Claude Wippler and Christian Tismer did some
benchmarks against other implementations. IIRC, the
only one in the same ballpark was Lua's (which, IIRC,
was faster at least under some conditions).

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/