[Python-Dev] Dict constructor

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:20:48 +0200

jack wrote:
> I disagree on this being "magical", I tend to think of it as
> "Pythonic". If there is a reasonably easy to remember construct
> (such as this one: if you've seen it once you'll remember it)
> just use that, in stead of adding extra layers of functionality.

to quote a certain bot (guess raymond wasn't following that
thread):

    "It's easier to write appropriate code from scratch in Python
    than to figure out how to *use* a package profligate enough
    to contain canned solutions for all common and reasonable
    use cases."

time to add a best_practices module to Python 2.3?

KeyError:-profligate-ly yrs /F