[Python-Dev] New Subscriber Introduction

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:12:00 +0200

Brett Cannon wrote:
> The only grumblings anyone has heard out of me as yet on this list is over
> my Python implementation of strptime.  I do plan to stay on this list,
> though, even after this is resolved and be as involved as I can on the
> list (which is going to be limited until I get off my rear and really dive
> into the C source).

Just curious: have you taken a look at the mxDateTime parser ?

It has a slightly different approach than strptime() but also
takes a lot of load from the programmer in terms of not requiring
a predefined format.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH