[Python-Dev] test_socket failure on FreeBSD

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:37:28 -0400

> Below is the output of test_socket with the -v option, from a CVS tree of
> about 1915 UTC June 18.  FreeBSD 4.4, gcc 2.95.3 (-g -O3).
>
> In speaking up now, I'm making the assumption that the non-blocking socket
> changes should be complete, modulo bugfixes.  If this is not the case,
> please let me know, and I'll wait for the situation to stabilise.

This is supposed to work, there's a missing feature but it's not being
tested yet. :-)

> Otherwise, is there any more info I can (attempt to) provide?  I tried
> "print"ing the addr variable when running the test, and just get "ERROR"
> (sans quotes of course).

Try

    print "\n" + repr(addr)

There are probably some differences in the socket semantics.  I'd
appreciate it if you could provide a patch or at least a clue!

(I'll be away from Friday through July 8.)