[pybsddb] Re: [Python-Dev] Please give this patch for building bsddb a try

Gregory P. Smith greg@electricrain.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:31:47 -0700

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 02:44:34PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     GvR> Maybe call it berkeleydb?

>     GPS> How about 'berkeleydb'?
>
> Sounds like consensus.  Greg, how do you feel about moving project
> management from the pybsddb project to the Python project?
>
> Maybe we should plan a transition on the pybsddb-users list.  I'm
> willing to help.

That sounds like a good idea to me, though I don't know what moving
it entails.  (i assume creating a berkeleydb module directory in the
python project and maintaining the code and documentation from there?).

Technically Robin Dunn is the only project administrator on the pybsddb
sourceforge project but i've got access to at least modify pybsddb.sf.net,
cvs and file releases.  The project has been relatively idle recently;
i've tried to give it a little of my time every month or two (basic 4.0
support, some bugfixes, accepting patches, etc).  As it is quite stable
I don't believe he's actively working on it anymore.  Robin?

-G