[Python-Dev] MultiDict / Table, suggestion for a new module

Edward C. Jones edcjones@erols.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:03:45 -0400

I have written a module called MultiDict.py which can be found at
http://members.tripod.com/~edcjones/MultiDict.py . It contains two
classes MultiDict and Table.

MultiDict is like a dictionary except that each key can occur more than
once. It is like the multimap in the C++ Standard Template Library
except that MultiDicts are hashed rather than sorted.

Table views a 2 dimensional nested list as a "relation" (a set of
n-tuples). I use it for simple one table databases where the full
panoply of SQL is not needed.

If there is interest in this, I will write a PEP and some documentation.

Thanks,
Edward C. Jones