[Python-Dev] large file support

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:32:41 -0600

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:25:34PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>It is my understanding that if some directory along the path to the
>file is accessible to root but not to the effective user, access() for
>a file in that directory might return 0 while exists would return 1,

I would be shocked if POSIX allowed a non-root user to probe file entries
under a root/700 directory...

What a paradox -- when I submitted the patch to add F_OK, you said that
exists() did the same thing.  ;-)

Sean
--
 "Your documents always look so good."  "That's because I keep my laser-printer
 set on ``stun''."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998