[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
17 Jun 2002 10:54:58 +0100

martin@v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) writes:

> > (distutils is also a pain to use with a version management system
> > that marks files in the repository as read-only; distutils copy function
> > happily copies all the status bits. but the remove function refuses to
> > remove files that are read-only, even if the files have been created
> > by distutils itself...)
>
> That's a bug, IMO.

And hang on, wasn't it fixed by revision 1.12 of
Lib/distutils/file_util.py?  If not, more details would be appreciated.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Now this is what I don't get.  Nobody said absolutely anything
  bad about anything.  Yet it is always possible to just pull