[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/peps pep-0042.txt,1.58,1.59

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:51:29 -0700

Guido van Rossum wrote:

>>>-     - Port the Python SSL code to Windows.
>>>-
>>>-       http://www.python.org/sf/210683
>>>
>>That this was done is news to me.  That doesn't mean it isn't true <wink>.
>>

>AFAIK the C code works on Windows; I've heard repeated confirmations.
>It's just that we don't feel like configuring it (and there isn't a
>lot of demand AFAICT :-).

It works.  We've tested it, and we have some customers who need it.  The
test suite was somewhat busted, and there was a bug in 2.2.0, but 2.2.1
is fine.

The entire feature is somewhat underdocumented, though =(.

--david