[Python-Dev] textwrap.py

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:17:15 -0400

On 09 June 2002, Steven Lott said:
> Here's a version with the Strategy classes included.  This
> allows for essentially unlimited alternatives on the subjects of
> long words, full stops, and also permits right justification.

Ahh, very interesting.  Smells like massive flaming overkill here, but
at least now I understand what you meant by "strategy class".  (I kept
having visions of a classroom full of kids playing chess... design
patters are great, as long as everyone has a copy of *Design Patterns*
on their desk.  ;-)

I think my main reservation about this technique is that it does nothing
to make the simplest case simpler, and it makes the slightly complex
case ("I just want to disable breaking long words") a hell of a lot
harder.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - just another /P(erl|ython)/ hacker          gward@python.net