[Python-Dev] Quota on sf.net

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 05:24:10 -0400

  >> It appears SF is rearranging servers, and asks projects to honor
  >> their disk quota, see
  >>
  >> https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=183601
  >>
  >> There is a per-project disk quota of 100MB;
  >> /home/groups/p/py/python currently consumes 880MB. Most of this
  >> (830MB) is in htdocs/snapshots. Should we move those onto
  >> python.org?

  GvR> What is htdocs/snapshots?  There's plenty of space on creosote,
  GvR> but maybe the snapshots should be reduced in volume first?

Last time quotas came up, the SF managers said that our project could
exceed the normal quota.  Still, we didn't intend to have ~1GB of CVS
snapshots.  The script that deletes old snapshots had a bug -- didn't
deal with change-of-year -- that kept lots of old snapshots around.  I
just deleted a lot of them, so that we are using less space.

I'm not sure the snapshots are worth the bother at all.  Are there
downloads statistics for the SF web pages?  I'll bet no one has ever
looked at them.

Jeremy