[Python-Dev] textwrap.py

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:06:40 -0400

On 07 June 2002, Paul Prescod said:
> Why three statements instead of one expression?
>
> textwrap.wrap_my_text(text, fix_sentence_endings = 0)
>
> If you want to do class-y stuff internally, then go ahead. But wrapping
> text is a stateless mathematical function with a domain and range. I'd
> prefer function syntax.

Yeah, me too.  But there are an unbounded number of possible options
that people might insist on, and making these options instance
attributes seems vaguely friendly to subclasses to me.  These are both
wild, unproven allegations, of course.  Patches welcome.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - geek                                        gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/