[Python-Dev] textwrap.py

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:15:11 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:

> (Just, the point isn't to make the period stand out, it's
> to make the start of the next sentence stand out):

Sure, but there are already *two* things to make that clear: end the prev=
ious
sentence with a period, start the next with a capital letter. An extra sp=
ace is
overkill. But I guess your point may be that caps usually stand out less =
in
fixed-width fonts, which may be true.

>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-June/025141.html

That sucks only because the empty line between quote and followup was del=
eted
from the original...

> to my eyes single-space sucks with a monospaced font and I agree with
> Fran=E7ois on this it makes monospaced text look like a giant run-on se=
ntence.

Don't know about canadians, but I wouldn't listen to the french : they wr=
ite
spaces *before* punctuation !

Just