[Python-Dev] Proto-PEP for maintaining backward compatibility

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:51:30 -0400

> > > tools/scripts/freeze/modulefinder       ???             1.5.2

I think the maintainer is Mark Hammond.  I doubt he cares about 1.5.2
compatibility though.

> > Can I ask once more why?
> >
> I use it in py2exe, and this still supports 1.5.2.

Can you elaborate?  Can't you include the last version of
modulefinder.py that supports 1.5.2 in your py2exe distro?  Or run
py2exe with a 1.5.2 python?  It seems to me that modulefinder.py
depends on the dis.py module of the current Python -- how can you use
a modulefinder.py from Python 2.x for a Python 1.5.2 program?