[Python-Dev] Proto-PEP for maintaining backward compatibility

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:24:19 +0200

> Since the subject has come up several times recently,
> and some one (Walter?) suggested a PEP be written....here goes.
It was me (if you mean the comment on bug 561478), but who cares...

> Attached is a draft PEP.  Comments?

Since it may become impossible in the future to remain backward
compatibility, should there be a (planned) Python version
which no longer maintains backwards compatibility?

>     Package/Module     Maintainer(s)          Python Version
tools/scripts/freeze/modulefinder       ???             1.5.2

Thomas