[Python-Dev] Re: Patch #473512

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
04 Jun 2002 14:09:26 -0400

[Martin v. Loewis]

> I'm ready to apply patch 473512 : getopt with GNU style scanning, which
> adds getopt.gnu_getopt.  Any objections?

GNU getopt changes once in a while.  Will `getopt.gnu_getopt' track and
reflect these changes as they occur?  I mean, is it the intent?  If yes,
the name might be fine.  Otherwise, it might be better to name this other
`getopt' after some of its properties, instead of using `gnu' as a prefix.
If GNU it has to be, maybe it should be capitalised?  Some existing modules
suggest capitals where underlines would probably have been sufficient,
maybe we should use capitals where they are more naturally mandated.

Not a big matter for me, but probably worth a thought nevertheless?

                                Have a good day, everybody!