[Python-Dev] Get fame and fortune from mindless editing

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:56:40 -0400

  MH> An offer too good to refuse ;) We recently deprecated the
  MH> DL_EXPORT and DL_IMPORT macros, replacing them with purpose
  MH> oriented macros.  In an effort to cleanup the source, it would
  MH> be good to remove all such macros from the Python source tree.

Would it make any sense to backport the new macros to the 2.2 branch?
It might ease the life of extension writers who want their code to
work with either version.  The practical problem, however, is that
their code would only work with a too-be-released 2.2.2.

Jeremy