[Python-Dev] Re: HAVE_CONFIG_H

Akim Demaille akim@epita.fr
31 Jul 2002 11:11:11 +0200

tes:

Fran=E7ois> [Guido van Rossum]

Hi Guido, Hi Francois !

>> Since we don't use this idiom, we can safely remove the
>> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H (if we can find where it is set).

>> I looked.  It's generated by AC_OUTPUT.  I don't think I can get
>> rid of it.  So never mind. :-)

Fran=E7ois> Maybe AC_OUTPUT, or macros called by AC_OUTPUT, can be
Fran=E7ois> overridden.  If this is not easy to do, you might want to
Fran=E7ois> discuss the matter with Akim, Cc:ed.  Maybe he could tear
Fran=E7ois> down AC_OUTPUT in parts so the overriding gets easier?

Fran=E7ois> I know my friend Akim as good, helping and nice fellow!
Fran=E7ois> Don't fear him! :-)

I'm not sure I completely understand the question here: if
HAVE_CONFIG_H is specified, it means config.h is created.  So if you
use a config.h, why does it matter not to define HAVE_CONFIG_H?