[Python-Dev] Valgrinding Python

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:15:34 -0400

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Oren Tirosh]
>
> > I also got some invalid accesses in
> > Modules/arraymodule.c:array_ass_subscr
> > while running test_array and in Objects/Listobject.c:list_ass_subscript
> > running test_types. For some reason I couldn't reproduce them later.
>
> Another memory-debugging tool, another chance to debug a memory-debugging
> tool.

Naw, cvs update can explain this one. :-)

Michael Hudson fixed this (extended slice problem) based
on a bug report I submitted.  I ran valgrind on RedHat 7.2.

I also had problems w/pymalloc originally so I disabled it.
I may try again.  There's somthing I found very interesting, though.

I run purify on a sparc w/gcc 2.95.3 (maybe 3.0.x too,
I can't remember).  The problems with pymalloc and some of the dbm
problems were also reported by purify.  I've reviewed the code
and can't find any problems.  But different tools on different
architectures with somewhat different compilers report similar errors.

Neal