[Python-Dev] Valgrinding Python

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:21:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Oren Tirosh wrote:
> I ran some tests with Julian Seward's amazing Valgrind memory debugger.
> Python is remarkably clean.  Much cleaner than any other program of
> non-trivial size that I tested.

I've been using Python with valgrind too, and with great success.  I've
caught several non-trivial problems in some of our extension modules, though
only a few very picky things in the Python core.  Valgrind has options to
attached gdb to running processes when problems occur.  Combining this with
gdb patched to produce mixed C/Python tracebacks, and you get an awesome
memory debugger.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect