[Python-Dev] PEP 296 - The Buffer Problem

Scott Gilbert xscottg@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:39:13 -0700 (PDT)

--- Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> wrote:

> I've followed this discussion and it looks like the PEP is ready for
> another round of refinements based upon the discussion (e.g. to use
> size_t).  Do you have time to do that?
>
> And then the next thing would be a prototype implementation.
>
> I like where this is going!

Very cool.  I'm glad to hear it.  I'll integrate the new changes to the
text tonight and post the next version to python-dev and comp.lang.python
tomorrow.  Implementation is in progress, but not far enough along that I
can swag a done date yet.  It shouldn't take too long, but like you
indicated before, I may need some help on doing the pickling correctly.

Cheers,
    -Scott