[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib/email/test test_email_codecs.py,1.1,1.2

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:51:38 -0400

    >> It's a bit uglier than that because since Lib/test gets
    >> magically added to sys.path during regrtest by virtue of
    >> running "python Lib/test/regrtest.py".

    GvR> Perhaps regrtest.py can specifically remove its own directory
    GvR> from sys.path?  (Please don't just remove sys.path[0] or '';
    GvR> look in sys.argv[0] and deduce from there.)

Good idea:

mydir = os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0])
sys.path.remove(mydir)

I also followed up to Guido privately, re: the motivation for this
change.  Also, Neal's right, I missed some of the relative imports of
test_support and I'm ready to commit those fixes once Guido gives the
go ahead.

-Barry