[Python-Dev] Is __declspec(dllexport) really needed on Windows?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:55:00 -0400

[Jack Jansen]
> Oh, it's MarkH appreciation that's wanted! In that case I'll
> gladly chime in, I was was afraid it was __declspec(dllexport)
> appreciation. Mark is one cool dude who knows where his towel is!
>
> 199998 to go. Should we start taking a poll who'll be the next
> python-devver we start appreciating when the counter hits zero?

It would have been you, Jack, except Mark was much cleverer about this.  You
make the Mac support so invisible to the rest of us that the only thing we
can ever thank you for is stopping refcount abuse of immortal strings.  Mark
put some sort of Windows gimmick on 79% of the lines in the whole code base,
thus ensuring a never-ending supply of reasons to thank him for getting rid
of it one line at a time <wink>.

i-demand-that-everyone-appreciate-jack-more-too-ly y'rs  - tim