[Python-Dev] Dodgy code in distutils/sysconfig.py

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
09 Jul 2002 16:14:13 +0100

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> > I'm curious about this bit of code from Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py:
> > [...]
> > ?  What cases does that get wrong?  I'd have changed it already, but I
> > have this feeling I must be missing something.
>
> Is Modules/Setup a landmark on all Python build platforms,
> e.g. on Macs, Windows and other non-Unix platforms as well ?

Given that distutils isn't used for building Python's own extension
modules on non-Unix platforms, does it matter?

Cheers,
M.

--
  ... Windows proponents tell you that it will solve things that
  your Unix system people keep telling you are hard.  The Unix