[Python-Dev] Are we having https/ssl problems?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:41:27 -0400

  KJ> Hi all, This is not a bug report.  It is more of a query to find
  KJ> out if there are known problems with the current Python 2.3 CVS
  KJ> regarding SSL, httplib w/ https, or urllib w/ https.  I seem to
  KJ> remember tuning out some discussions on timeout sockets and SSL
  KJ> of late, so I thought I would ask.  Here is code that has worked
  KJ> previously, but does not in the current CVS:

It sounds like a bug to me.

  KJ> If this doesn't ring a bell with anyone, I will battle
  KJ> SourceForge once more and file a bug report.

I hope you can get away with at worst a minor skirmish.

I've made several changes to httplib recently to fix other SSL related
problems.  It appears the new code has some bugs.

Since you're using CVS, I'll mention that it provides many ways to
look for changes -- e.g. cvs log / annotate of individual files.  The
SF pages show all files, last revision, & mod time.  You can sort by
any of those fields.

Jeremy