[Python-Dev] Re: Patch level versions and new features (Was: Some dull gc stats)

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:22:36 -0400

[people ask assorted hypothetical questions about backporting]

Note that if the PBF is a success (and I sure hope that it is!), backporting
stuff to the py-in-a-tie release line is supposed to become its job, not
Python-Dev's.  They'll backport whatever they see fit, and it won't matter
what even Guido thinks then.

In the meantime, I suggest *we* stick to backporting unarguable bugfixes.
How can you tell whether something is unarguable?  If in doubt, backport it,
and if someone complains, tell them to revert it <0.8 wink>.