[Python-Dev] Some dull gc stats

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 20:39:11 +0200

Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>

>>I don't think that porting to a new platform falls under
>>this definition, a new encoding might (but then only if the encoding
>>is so popular that people consider its absence a bug)
>

> Here we go. If "many people consider absence of foo a bug" is enough
> to allow for a change, I can backport any change if I only find enough
> people to testify that absence of that change is a bug...

No, I was not talking about a missing foo; the comment
was specifically about an encoding. Adding a new encoding
would not need applications to be changed since the encoding
information is part of the processed data.

Anyway, if this confuses too much, simply go for the more
restrictive: no new features at all paradigm.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH