[Python-Dev] Stevens - still best for Unix system call programming?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:51:29 -0600

Sorry for the off-topic post.  I'm starting in on a little project to create
an analog to fopen(3) and friends that provides the illusion of large file
support even on systems that don't support large files, so I'm doing more
fiddling with Unix system calls than I've done in awhile, and am looking for
a little hardcover help.  Is Richard Stevens' "Advanced Programming in the
UNIX Environment" still the _sine qua non_ in this area?

Thx,

Skip

P.S. OPN: it will have a Python binding...