[Python-Dev] release22-maint branch strangeness

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:15:48 -0500

Michael Hudson writes:
 > Looks to me like the release22 tag for Doc/tut/tut.tex was set on the
 > release22-branch, not the trunk.

Should not the branches be independent, once created?

 > This is not what happened for, e.g. configure.in.

configure.in was not changed on the release22-branch.  Take a look at
Include/patchlevel.h.  It doesn't look as messed up as
Doc/tut/tut.tex, but something is definately wrong here as well.

 > Did different people create the release22 tags in different bits of
 > the tree?

I'm not quite sure how things were handled with the -maint and -mac
branches; I wonder if a branch tag was used somewhere a normal tag
could have been used.  I don't see it, though.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation